Report generated on 2023-12-07, 00:24:35 UTC
VERY IMPORTANT! THIS PAGE MAY CONTAIN ERRORS OR INACCURACIES. Therefore, you are not allowed to distribute or reproduct in any media or social platforms. The results shown on this page should not be considered as a clear prediction or definitive statement. The information contained in this page is based on limited data and is intended for general reference only. It should not be used as a sole source of information for making decisions, and it is not intended to replace professional judgment or expert advice. Please keep in mind that this page may not be complete or up-to-date, and it may contain errors or inaccuracies. The information contained in this page is provided without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. In light of these limitations, it is important that you do not rely solely on this page for making decisions. You are encouraged to consult additional sources of information and seek professional guidance before making any decisions based on the information contained in this page. By using this page, you agree to hold harmless the creators and distributors of this page from any liabilities or damages that may arise from its use. If you are in doubt about the accuracy or suitability of this page for a particular purpose, please seek the advice of a qualified professional. This page is for personal use only and may not be copied or distributed in any media or social platforms. The information contained in this page is intended for general reference only and may contain errors or inaccuracies. It should not be used as a sole source of information for making decisions and is not intended to replace professional judgment or expert advice.
AI BETA TESTING v1.16
Using AI techniques, our recent observations of seismic activity in the South America Region have revealed a high probability of significant earthquakes to occur in certain areas in the near future. In particular, NORTHERN PERU, OFFSHORE ATACAMA, CHILE, ANTOFAGASTA, CHILE, PERU-ECUADOR BORDER REGION, SALTA, ARGENTINA, TARAPACA, CHILE have shown signs of increased seismic activity.
|Events considered as possible precursors for future events in the South America Region:|
|2023-11-09T17:50:26.19Z||-6.7827||-76.6436||114.2 km||Mb 5.1||NORTHERN PERU|
|2023-11-10T15:27:36.45Z||-28.7012||-71.5751||22 km||Mb 5.1||OFFSHORE ATACAMA, CHILE|
|2023-11-15T23:50:29.92Z||-21.7978||-68.5122||118 km||Mb 5.0||ANTOFAGASTA, CHILE|
|2023-11-23T15:37:09.57Z||-21.9592||-68.5549||118 km||Mw 5.3||ANTOFAGASTA, CHILE|
|2023-11-25T12:59:53.61Z||-2.073||-77.3178||152 km||Mw 5.1||PERU-ECUADOR BORDER REGION|
|2023-11-26T20:44:32.87Z||-23.96||-67.0798||170 km||Mb 5.0||SALTA, ARGENTINA|
|2023-11-27T10:08:25.1Z||-24.5297||-70.0061||54.4 km||Mw 5.0||ANTOFAGASTA, CHILE|
|2023-12-01T08:45:09.6Z||-19.7513||-69.0393||119.3 km||Mb 5.0||TARAPACA, CHILE|
|2023-12-02T07:55:40.41Z||-19.1849||-69.1006||102.8 km||Mw 5.8||TARAPACA, CHILE|
|2023-12-02T09:31:32.69Z||-24.4761||-70.3621||38.1 km||Mw 5.1||ANTOFAGASTA, CHILE|
M6.0+ EARTHQUAKE EXPECTED IN SOUTH AMERICA REGION
It has been 4 day(s), 14 hour(s), 53 minute(s) and 3 second(s) since the last possible considered precursor earthquake in the ANTOFAGASTA, CHILE (South America Region), with a magnitude of MW 5.1 at a depth of 38.1 km, and origin time 2023-12-02T09:31:32.69Z (UTC).
Currently, our AI models have identified 10 possible precursors, in the interval between 2023-11-09T17:50:26.19Z and 2023-12-02T09:31:32.69Z (a timeframe of 22 day(s), 15 hour(s), 41 minute(s) and 6 second(s) interval), that could trigger a significant event in the South America Region in the near future.
Despite the passage of time since this event, the seismic threat in the South America Region is still considered to be high. This highlights the importance of ongoing monitoring and analysis to better understand the patterns and behaviors of earthquakes in the region.
In conclusion, South America Region continues to be closely monitored for seismic activity in light of this latest possible considered precursor. The results of this monitoring and analysis will play a crucial role in improving our ability to predict and respond to earthquakes in the region.
- Ouzounov, D., Pulinets, S., Hattori, K., & Taylor, P. (2018). Pre-earthquake processes: a multidisciplinary approach to earthquake prediction studies (Vol. 234). John Wiley & Sons.
- Szakács, A. (2021). Precursor-Based Earthquake Prediction Research: Proposal for a Paradigm-Shifting Strategy. Frontiers in Earth Science, 8, 548398.
- Bolton, D. C., Shreedharan, S., Rivière, J., & Marone, C. (2020). Acoustic energy release during the laboratory seismic cycle: Insights on laboratory earthquake precursors and prediction. Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth, 125(8), e2019JB018975.
- Hayakawa, M. (2018). Earthquake precursor studies in Japan. Pre‐Earthquake Processes: A Multidisciplinary Approach to Earthquake Prediction Studies, 7-18.
- Uyeda, S. (2013). On earthquake prediction in Japan. Proceedings of the Japan Academy, Series B, 89(9), 391-400.
- Lu, K., Hou, M., Jiang, Z., Wang, Q., Sun, G., & Liu, J. (2018). Understanding earthquake from the granular physics point of view—Causes of earthquake, earthquake precursors and predictions. International Journal of Modern Physics B, 32(07), 1850081.
- Martinelli, G. (2018). Contributions to a history of earthquake prediction research. Pre-Earthquake Processes: A Multidisciplinary Approach to Earthquake Prediction Studies, 67-76.
- Tehseen, R., Farooq, M. S., & Abid, A. (2020). Earthquake prediction using expert systems: a systematic mapping study. Sustainability, 12(6), 2420.
- Berhich, A., Belouadha, F. Z., & Kabbaj, M. I. (2022). A location-dependent earthquake prediction using recurrent neural network algorithms. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 161, 107389.